Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Alex & Ani Fundraiser/Play Ball for Miracles

NJ Champion 2011 Gianna Trotter, Kaitlin Davis (also Miss Cape Shores 2011!), and myself

As a Miss America local titleholder, I have the privilege of stepping outside of my platform work to volunteer with Children's Miracle Network Hospitals, an organization dedicated to raising funds and awareness to improve healthcare for children in need of pediatric care. All of the donations go straight to local hospitals, so all fundraising efforts assist children right in your own backyard. Throughout my three years involved with the Miss America Organization, I have formed a close partnership with Children's Specialized Hospital, New Jersey's only Children's Miracle Network Hospital. A few weeks ago I had the opportunity to travel to Red Bank, New Jersey and support my Miss NJ sister and friend, Kaitlin Davis, as she hosted a party at Alex and Ani to benefit Children's Specialized Hospital. I also got to spend a little time with New Jersey's CMN 2011 Champion, the amazingly gifted and beautiful Gianna Trotter. Knowing that one of my favorite things, jewelry, and something near and dear to my heart, CSH, were coming together, I had to be there. I left with a newfound obsession with Alex and Ani bracelets and my first addition to the hopefully growing collection, of course, a crown!
With Miss Gloucester County, Lindsey Giannini 

This past Sunday I drove up to Roselle, New Jersey to volunteer at the Play Ball for Miracles Charity Softball Tournament. Teams from all over the state were assembled in support of CSH and the competition was top notch. I was surprised, yet delighted, by the competitiveness of the players, but also the sportsmanship and sense of camaraderie on the field. I played the role of scorekeeper and I was exhausted by the end of the day. It's a lot of work rooting for two teams at once! It is always a pleasure to be in an environment where others selflessly give their time for the greater good. Thank you CSH for hosting such an exciting event!

No comments:

Post a Comment